Professional Competency Areas
- Integrates the knowledge, skills and attitudes acquired from basic, clinical, behavioral and social sciences and uses them in health service delivery.
- Demonstrates a biopsychosocial approach that considers the socio-demographic and sociocultural background of the individual regardless of his/her language, religion, race and gender in patient management.
- Prioritizes protecting and improving the health of individuals and society in health service delivery.
- Does the necessary work in order to maintain and improve the state of well-being by considering the personal, social and environmental factors affecting health.
- Provides health education to healthy/sick individuals and their relatives and other healthcare professionals by recognizing the characteristics, needs and expectations of the target group.
- Demonstrates a safe, rational and effective approach in health service delivery, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment, follow-up and in rehabilitation processes.
- Performs invasive and\or non-invasive procedures in diagnosis, treatment, follow-up and rehabilitation processes in a safe and effective way for the patient.
- Provides health services by considering patient and employee health and safety.
- Considers the changes in the physical and socioeconomic environment on regional and global scale which affect health, as well as the changes in the characteristics and behaviors of the applicants, in health service delivery.
Professional Values and Approaches
- Considers good medical practices whilst carrying out the profession.
- Fulfills the professional duties and obligations within the framework of ethical principles and rights and legal responsibilities required by the profession.
- Demonstrates decisive behaviors in providing high-quality health care, considering the integrity of the patient.
- Evaluates his/her professional performance by considering his/her emotions and cognitive characteristics.
- Advocates improving the health services by considering the concepts of social responsibility and social accountability for the protection and development of public health.
- Can plan and carry out service delivery training and consultancy processes related to individual and community health in cooperation with all components for the protection and development of health.
- Evaluates the impact of health policies and practices on individual and community health indicators and defends improving the quality of health services.
- Gives importance to protect and develop her/his own physical, mental and social health and does what is necessary for this.
- Demonstrates exemplary behavior and leads the healthcare team during service delivery.
- Uses resources cost-effectively for the benefit of society and in accordance with the legislation in the planning, implementation and evaluation processes of health services in the health institution which she/he manages.
- Establishes positive communication within the health-care team she/he serves and assumes different team roles when necessary.
- Is aware of the duties and responsibilities of the health-care team members and acts accordingly.
- Works effectively and in harmony with her/his colleagues and other professional groups in the professional practices.
- Communicates effectively with patients and their relatives, health care professionals and other professional groups, institutions and organizations.
- Communicates effectively with individuals and groups that require special approach and have different socio-cultural characteristics.
Professional and Individual Development
- Plans and implements scientific research when necessary for the population she/he serves and uses his/her own results and/or the results of other research for the benefit of the society.
- Reaches and critically evaluates up-to-date literature related to his/her profession.
- Applies the evidence-based medicine principles in clinical decision making processes.
- Uses information technologies to increase the effectiveness of his/her work on healthcare, research and education.
- Effectively manages individual work processes and career development.
- Demonstrates skills in acquiring and evaluating new information\ integrating it with existing knowledge, applying it to professional circumstances and adapting to changing conditions throughout professional life.
- Selects the right learning resources in order to improve the quality of health service and organizes his/her own learning process.
This page updated by Tıp Fakültesi on 09.04.2023 22:39:05